Drawing on a wide selection of sources and illustrated with more than fifty images, this collection of grisly tales explores the shadier side of Harrogate's past.
Among the cases featured here are a police constable stabbed in Pateley Bridge in 1831; a wife who poisoned her husband in Dallowgill in 1834; and two children murdered by their father in Ripon in 1837. Also included is a Beckwithshaw woman purportedly buried alive in 1888, and a baby found drowned in the River Nidd in 1842 as well as highway robbery, assault and mysterious disappearances.
With murders, hangings, kidnap and violence, Murder & Crime: Harrogate & District is sure to captivate and horrify everyone interested in the criminal history of this part of North Yorkshire.
- Murder, New England : A Historical Collection of Killer True-Crime Tales
- Murder, Mayhem & Madness : 150 Years of Crime and Punishment in Western New York
- Murder in the Name of Honor : The True Story of One Woman's Heroic Fight Against an Unbelievable Crime
- Black Dahlia, Red Rose : The Crime, Corruption, and Cover-Up of Americas Greatest Unsolved Murder
- Skinner'S Trail (Bob Skinner Series, Book 3) : A gritty Edinburgh mystery of crime and murder
- The Philo Vance Murder Cases : 4-The Dragon Murder Case & the Casino Murder Case
- Rebuilding Crime Prevention through Environmental Design : Strengthening the links with crime science
- The Best American Crime Writing 2003 : The Year's Best True Crime Reporting
- Crime and Justice: Ethnicity, Crime and Immigration v. 21 : An Annual Review of Research
- Crime as Structured Action : Doing Masculinities, Race, Class, Sexuality, and Crime